What is IBS?
IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) is a common functional gastrointestinal (GI) disorder with symptoms such as abdominal pain, cramping, diarrhoea, constipation and more. It is fairly prevalent and can be intermittent, but it can also be debilitating, affecting ones quality of life. This frustrating issue has been shown to affect productivity in the workplace and create additional medical expenses. According to aboutibs.org "there are between 2.4 and 3.5 million annual physician visits for IBS in the United States alone".
IBS can’t easily be diagnosed through normal testing and diagnostics which poses a problem for medical practitioners and sufferers. Diagnosis can only be made by looking at symptoms and therefore there is no standard treatment or even management plan.
IBS is a condition that differs from patient to patient and few cases are identical. Other symptoms include:
- incomplete bowel movement
- bloating and abdominal distension
- chronic fatigue
- anxiety and depression
- reduced libido.
How do probiotics help IBS sufferers?
Research is showing that there is a great deal of evidence to indicate that probiotics can be highly effective in the treatment of IBS. Probiotics assist by:
- strengthening intestinal mucus barriers
- reducing harmful bacteria levels and spreading
- regulating the immune system
- countering stress on gut immunity and function.
Probiotics help to ensure your digestive system is functioning as normally and as healthily as possible by promoting the growth of good bacterial cultures and reducing the population of bad bacteria.
Why is Symprove the probiotic to try?
With so many probiotic choices on the market, it can be daunting to figure out which is the best one to use.
This is why its important to look at the research and the studies to get proof of results and proof of efficacy.
A recent study headed by Dr. Simon Gaisford from the School of Pharmacy at University College London recently undertook a study to examine the effectiveness of eight commercially available probiotic supplements.
Each supplement was tested based on three important criteria:
- whether the number of live bacteria matched the producer’s claims
- how many viable (alive) bacteria made it to the gut
- how successful those bacteria were in establishing a successful culture.
Of the eight products included in the trial, only Symprove passed all three trials, delivering 100% of advertised bacteria, surviving the 120 minute journey through the stomach, and producing strong culture growth within 10 hours.
Symprove: proven to help IBS sufferers
Another recent study from King’s College Hospital in London on the effectiveness of Symprove as a potential treatment has reported that it was effective in reducing all symptoms of IBS, particularly pain and discomfort.
The study involved 186 patients with either moderate or severe IBS that had failed to respond to conventional treatments, half of whom were given a daily dose of Symprove and half of whom were given a placebo. All who received Symprove, regardless of their specific symptoms, found they improved with the probiotic.
How is Symprove different from other probiotics ?
Symprove is successful due to its unique ability to resist digestion and arrive alive in the gut where it can then deliver its benefits to the host. Most traditional probiotics can be dead before you have even taken them, or are destroyed by the acidic gastric juices of the human stomach.
The strains of bacteria used in Symprove are: L. rhamnosus, E. faecium, L. acidophilus and L. plantarum.
If you suffer from IBS or bloating, then give Symprove probiotic supplement a try. It is scientifically developed, clinically proven, 100% organic, and will deliver beneficial bacteria to where you need them most.
Each pack of Symprove contains 4x 500ml bottles, each one good for a week. It is recommended that a minimum of 4 weeks is used, but if you are suffering from IBS use at least a 12 week course.
Symprove is a cultured live probiotic product that has a shelf life of approximately 3 months out of the fridge and 5 months in the fridge.
Trust Pilot is showing more than 1700 reviews of which 75% are excellent and 11% are great. A total 86% of the reviews are very positive.
This person tried the 12 week Symprove program and found it to be very beneficial.